Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Brief Introduction

Hello & welcome to my blog. :-) I created this blog to record my attempts at cloth diapering for the first time.  I am a first time Momma to a very special 2yr old toddler named  Barker. I must admit that I was a diehard Pampers fan.....that is until they changed their diapers & added that horrible Dry Max chemical to them. Poor Barker suffered a chemical burn that took almost 2 months to heal & with that said, that was what gave me the "push" to try cloth diapering. I had been wanting to do it for about a year, but never did. I have to be honest, I was quite intimidated by the whole thing. So many choices....AIO's, AI2's, Pockets, Fitted, Flats & Prefolds to name a few. I had no clue as to what any of these meant. And then there's the whole time consuming washing & using up of so much water let alone what detergent to use! So after many, & I mean MANY hours of researching various sites online, watching Youtube videos & talking with a few friends that actually do that whole cloth diapering thing on a daily basis, I have come to find that it is quite EASY! That all my prenotions couldn't have been further from the truth. This is going to be a work in progress, so bear with me because I am learning as I go. So with that said, I invite you to join me on my journey of cloth diapering for the first time.

No comments: