Monday, January 31, 2011

Easy Foaming Wipe Solution

Since making my own wipes, I have relied on making my own wipes solution to go with them. I used to make my own sprayable wipes solution from distilled water, baby wash, lavender essential oil & tea tree oil. It worked pretty good for us, but there was 1 major drawback to it. Poor Barker found it to be a bit too cold on his "tender" parts down there even though it was room temp. So after researching a bit online, I ran across an article from FuzziBunz where someone had asked them what they should use as a wipe solution. Their response was water & baby shampoo. So that got me thinking......hmmm.....what about a foam? So I set off to try to make a wipe solution that both Barker & I loved.
*I shop Walmart alot...hence all their brand products.
Here is all you need to get your baby's bottom all squeaky clean.
1) Foaming pump
2) Distilled water
3) Baby Shampoo
This is just a rinsed out pump from generic antibacterial soap that I emptied out into our other soap dispenser.
I put about 2Tbsp (I usually just eyeball it!) of baby shampoo into the bottle.
I then fill it 3/4 of the way full with distilled water.
Screw the pump lid back on & just give it a gentle shake til it is all mixed & then you are ready to foam at your next diaper change.
TIP : If you find at any time that your foam seems a bit watery, just add a bit more shampoo, gently shake to mix & it will thicken up.
We love this foam because it is no longer cold on Barker's delicate parts & he actually will bring the foam over when he needs changed. :-) It also seems to clean better than my spray bottle version.

EDIT : Since making this post, I have started adding a few drops of tea tree oil into my foaming wipe solution.  I love TTO & all its antimicrobial/antifungal properties & the fact that it has soothing properties.

3 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

What a brilliant idea!!



I am a new follower!

I've got a cloth diaper giveaway coming soon, you'll have to come and follow me to see it!

The Baby Store Plus said...

WOW, I had no idea you could make your own! I thought they used a special formula to make it foam...I fee kinda dumb, but I am going to make my own now too! Thanks for sharing this :)

Anna

BTW, good luck in our Cloth Diaper Giveaway...this is Anna from The Baby Store Plus and your newest follower!

Barker's Momma said...

I also like to use Dr Bronners peppermint castile mixed with water in a foam pump for washing hands. The peppermint tingles!