Monday, February 7, 2011

Easy "Green" Cleaner

Over the past few months, I have been slowly replacing the chemical filled cleaners in our house with more eco~friendly, natural cleaners. I've spent a bunch of time on the internet researching what others use. I have come up with a simple cleaner that works well in our household & wanted to share it with you all. It's really easy to make.
All you will need is:
1) Empty Spray Bottle
2) Distilled Water
3) White Vinegar
4) Tea Tree Oil
*I purchased all items at our local Walmart.
*The White Vinegar & TTO are natural disinfectants.
You will need to do a 50/50 solution of White Vinegar & Distilled Water.
Since our spray bottle is 24 oz, I filled it up half way (12 oz) with white vinegar.
Then add 12 oz of distilled water.
I then add a dropper full of Tea Tree Oil into the spray bottle.
Shake well & then you can get to work cleaning & disinfecting your household naturally. I do shake it up some prior to using it.
I use this cleaner everywhere in our house.....the kitchen, the bathroom, our diaper pails, the laundry room & even use it to clean & disinfect Barker's toys! It works wonders on keeping our faucets sparkling. It also works very well for cleaning windows & even eyeglasses! The possibillities are endless & the list goes on & on.
The main bonus is that I can now clean without having trouble breathing from all the chemicals that are in store bought, mass produced cleaners. I feel good knowing that I am making a change for the best interest of my family & the planet. :-)

2 comments:

KristinMarieCA said...

I love the idea of adding the tea tree oil to your water and vinegar solution - I'm definitely going to try that!

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway :) I'm now following back!

Kristin
http://www.born2bemom.com

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I cam across this! We've been looking for more natural cleaners for the house. Great blog!

SN: I'm a new follower & hope you will follow me back at momdadandbabymakesthree.blogspot.com!